Copernicus Educational Products Inc., continues to lead the marketplace with their educational classroom teaching aids designed for "making teaching a little easier!" Copernicus has built their reputation over the years with their ongoing product innovation and classroom research practices. The award winning Royal Reading and Writing Center is used in more than 135,000 classrooms worldwide.
Independent Sales Contractor
Copernicus Educational Products, designs and manufactures both traditional and tech products with a key focus on the K-9 classroom. As a Canadian company looking to expand its market in the US, we require an Independent Sales Contractor. Anything you might want to know about us can be found on our website, www.copernicused.com. At the core is this: we have one vision that drives everything we do, we simply aim to help make teaching a little easier. It is that straightforward.
Let's be honest, with your experience in the Educational Technology field you would know what makes a good fit in this industry. Experience in hitting revenue goals…check…growing new business and up-selling to existing dealers in the US…check….travel required….check. All of this is a given. What isn't known is your personality and how you would fit in with a company that loves education and has a very healthy respect for the environment.
So tell us, do your career goals and interests match ours?
We sincerely hope so. If this is the kind of company that you feel is a great fit for your aspirations, let us know.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to the attention of Scott Vandenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mechanical Engineering Whiz
Copernicus is a progressive company focused on Product Development looking to grow our team. We work in the small community of Arthur, Ontario surrounded by fields and wide open skies, in a casual (no suits needed!) setting.
For over 20 years, Copernicus has focused on "making teaching a little easier" by bringing innovative and mobile teaching aids to the classroom. With a growing technology based market, we currently require a creative and enthusiastic Mechanical Engineering Whiz who will help our team refine and execute new ideas and provide inspiration to our team.
What will you do?
- Work with our Product Development Team to turn ideas into functional products, with a focus on end users
- Refine concepts and product mechanics to drive our product design to the next level
- Create, execute and update all production drawing packages and documentation
- Work with fabrication teams locally and offshore to move products through tooling and into production
- Troubleshoot production issues and improve our engineering efficiencies and processes
You may be the right person if...
- You are a passionate self starter committed to making a difference by creating innovative concepts and developing them into successful new products.
- You have a keen understanding of the way things work and the mechanisms that build our surroundings
- You are able to balance creativity with discipline and good analytical skills.
- You can show strong organization, planning, execution and follow up skills.
- You have the ability to balance multiple priorities and work toward big picture objectives without losing sight of important details.
- You have a desire to make our product line more environmentally responsible
To be able to hit the ground running, the right candidate will have:
- Proficiency in SolidWorks
- A team oriented, positive attitude and a sense of humour.
- Experience in the administration of an ePDM system and/or CorelDRAW would be an asset.
What will you receive as a Copernican?
As a Copernican you will receive a competitive salary; health, dental & vision benefits; and be enrolled in our company RRSP plan. You will also work with a supportive, open minded team who looks forward to learning along with you. Your participation and opinions will be valued, along with opportunities for growth within the company. Plus...you’ll get your very own ride in Westy, our VW van!
How can you make a difference?
Tell us by emailing your resume and portfolio to email@example.com
Copernicus is located 30 minutes from Guelph and 40 minutes from Kitchener/ Waterloo.