Careers at Copernicus
Copernicus Educational Products Inc., continues to lead the marketplace with their educational classroom teaching aids designed for "making teaching a little easier!" Copernicus has built their reputation over the years with their ongoing product innovation and classroom research practices. The award winning Royal Reading and Writing Center is used in more than 135,000 classrooms worldwide.
Assistant Operations Manager
Job Location: 59 Guang Fu Road.
Dongsheng Town, Zhongshan City
For over 20 years, Copernicus Educational Products Inc., has focused on "making teaching a little easier" by bringing innovative and mobile teaching aids to the classroom. With big changes in a growing market, we are currently looking for an Assistant Operations Manager to join our team in China to bring new ideas and inspiration.
About the Job
- Coordinate daily manufacturing activities to achieve on time delivery and operational cost targets
- Manage and facilitate all production and capacity planning
- Consistently reinforce and refine company operational processes and ensure they are followed
- Lead QC team in all facets of operation from incoming goods to final product approvals
- Implement TQM and Lean Manufacturing initiatives
- Oversee third party vendor relationships and work with them on quality and scheduling improvement initiatives
- Work with Product Development team to ensure successful transition of products into production
- Manage warehouse operations and inventory control functions
- Identification, assessment and negotiation of suitable suppliers
- You have fluency in English and Mandarin and understand the nuances of working in a multi-lingual environment
- You have attended and graduated from post -secondary education, preferably in Engineering or Operation Management
- You have worked and excelled in a similar environment for at least 3-5 years
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, ERP, Project Management Software, knowledge of Solidworks would be considered an asset but not required
- You are able to obtain a working Visa to work in and visit Canada
- You place great importance on team work and know how to get the best from the people working with you
- You approach challenges with a smile and treat them as an opportunity to learn and not just something to overcome
- You are a quick thinking problem solver who works well under pressure
- You are process focused without being rigid
- You love the fine details of things but don’t forget to look at the big picture
Please forward your resume by December 31, 2015 to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in working at Copernicus Educational Products.